This IMF Patient and Family Webinar will focus on “Best Myeloma Management in the Era of COVID – 19” IMF Chairman Dr. Brian G.M. Durie will moderate presentations with a panel of myeloma experts.
What to Expect :
In this webinar, myeloma experts answer questions that help patients where they are at right now, including:
– I have myeloma and have been vaccinated. I heard there’s a COVID-19 booster. What do I do next?
– I’m undergoing myeloma treatment. When should I vaccinate?
– I have just been diagnosed with myeloma. What should I expect?
– I need help managing side effects of myeloma treatment, for example, how do I tackle the “dark side” of steroids?
– How do the new immune therapies (such as mABs, CELMODS, bispecifics, and CAR T-cell therapies) augment your immune response?
– When and how should relapsed myeloma patients be treated?
02:40 Myeloma 101
Brian G.M. Durie, MD
24:55 Life Is A Canvas, You Are The Artist:
Side effects & symptom management
49:06 Best Myeloma Management in the Era of COVID-19
Brian G.M. Durie, MD
1:23:05 Immune Therapies:
Treatments That Work With Our Own Immune Systems
Dr. Noopur Raje
1:42:01 Approaches to Relapse:
What are current relapse options?
Dr. Rafat Abonour
Download the slides: https://mmsm.link/managing-myeloma-covid-19
Improving Lives | Finding the Cure
In the United States, an estimated 32,270 new multiple myeloma cases will be diagnosed in 2021. 159,985 new myeloma cases are diagnosed yearly.
Founded in 1990, the International Myeloma Foundation (IMF) is the first and largest organization focusing specifically on multiple myeloma. The IMF’s reach extends to more than 525,000 members in 140 countries worldwide. The IMF is dedicated to improving the quality of lives of myeloma patients while working toward prevention and a cure through our four founding principles: Research, Education, Support, and Advocacy.
Subscribe to our channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/IMFMyeloma
Visit our website at: https://www.myeloma.org
Find us online:
Facebook: @myeloma | https://facebook.com/myeloma
Twitter: @IMFMyeloma | https://twitter.com/IMFmyeloma
Instagram: @imfmyeloma | https://www.instagram.com/imfmyeloma
Support the IMF! http://bit.ly/WskQHC
Nonprofits & Activism
Standard YouTube License
In most cases, captions are autogenerated by YouTube.